Fifth (5th) Avenue Playa Del Carmen: Shop, Play, Drink & Eat
Playa Del Carmen 5th Avenue:
5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen is a vibrant pedestrian street that stretches for over 20 blocks. It’s a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, with a wide range of shops, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues. The street is located approximately 4.5 miles (7.2 kilometers) north of Sandos Playacar and 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometers) north of Sandos Caracol.
There are plenty of shops on 5th Avenue, ranging from high-end designer boutiques to local artisan shops. Here are a few examples of the types of shops you can find:
1. La Casa del Habano: This shop offers a wide selection of premium cigars from Cuba and around the world. They also sell cigar accessories, including cutters, lighters, and humidors.
2. Ultrafemme: This is a luxury beauty and fragrance store that carries high-end brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Tom Ford.
3. Pineda Covalin: This shop offers beautiful silk scarves, shawls, and ties that are inspired by Mexican culture and art.
4. Ah Cacao: This is a local chocolate shop that offers a wide range of handmade chocolates, including chocolate bars, truffles, and hot chocolate.
5. Playa del Carmen Tequila & Liquor Store: This shop offers a large selection of tequila, mezcal, and other spirits, as well as beer and wine.
6. Tendenza: This is a boutique that offers a wide range of women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories, including jewelry and handbags.
7. Diamonds International: This is a jewelry store that offers high-end diamonds, gemstones, and watches.
8. Coqui Coqui Perfumeria: This is a local perfumery that offers a wide range of fragrances, including their own signature scents.
9. Taller de Ceramica: This is a local ceramics shop that offers handmade pottery and other ceramics.
These are just a few examples of the many shops you can find on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen. Whether you’re looking for luxury goods, locally made artisan products, or something in between, you’re sure to find it on this vibrant street. And if you’re staying at Sandos Playacar or Sandos Caracol, it’s just a short taxi or shuttle ride away.
Playa Del Carmen 5th Avenue Overview:
Located in the heart of Playa del Carmen, 5th Avenue is a bustling pedestrian street lined with shops, restaurants, and bars. Also known as La Quinta Avenida in Spanish, this popular attraction is a must-visit for anyone staying in the area. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what 5th Avenue has to offer and how far it is from two popular resorts in the area, Sandos Playacar and Sandos Caracol.
Overview of 5th Avenue
Stretching for over 20 blocks, 5th Avenue is a vibrant and colorful street that’s popular with both locals and tourists. The street is closed to vehicles, making it a safe and enjoyable place to walk and explore. Visitors will find a wide range of shops, from high-end boutiques to souvenir stands selling local crafts and souvenirs.
Foodies will also love 5th Avenue, which offers a wide variety of dining options. From authentic Mexican cuisine to international fare, there’s something for everyone. The street is also home to a number of bars and nightclubs, making it a great place to party after dark.
One of the highlights of 5th Avenue is its lively atmosphere. Street performers and musicians add to the festive vibe, and the entire area is filled with the sounds of music and laughter.
Distance from Sandos Playacar
Sandos Playacar is a beautiful all-inclusive resort located in Playa del Carmen, just steps away from the beach. The resort offers a range of amenities, including multiple swimming pools, restaurants, and bars. If you’re staying at Sandos Playacar and want to visit 5th Avenue, you’re in luck – the street is just a short distance away.
To get to 5th Avenue from Sandos Playacar, simply walk out of the resort and head north. The street is located about 1.5 miles away, and the walk should take about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or public transportation for a quicker ride.
Distance from Sandos Caracol
Sandos Caracol is another popular all-inclusive resort located in Playa del Carmen. The resort is known for its beautiful natural surroundings, including a lush jungle and a stunning beach. While Sandos Caracol is a bit farther from 5th Avenue than Sandos Playacar, it’s still within easy reach.
To get to 5th Avenue from Sandos Caracol, you’ll need to head south. The street is located about 4 miles away, which is a bit farther than Sandos Playacar. However, there are several transportation options available, including taxis and public transportation. You can also rent a bike or scooter to make the trip more fun and enjoyable.
Exploring 5th Avenue
Once you arrive at 5th Avenue, you’ll find plenty of things to see and do. The street is home to a wide range of shops, from designer boutiques to souvenir stands. You can browse for unique gifts and souvenirs, or shop for high-end fashion and jewelry.
Foodies will also love 5th Avenue, which offers a diverse range of dining options. From traditional Mexican cuisine to international fare, there’s something for everyone. Some popular restaurants to check out include El Fogon, La Cueva del Chango, and Alux.
If you’re looking for nightlife, 5th Avenue won’t disappoint. The street is home to a number of bars and nightclubs, including popular spots like Coco Bongo and Mandala. You can dance the night away or enjoy a drink with friends while taking in the vibrant atmosphere.
One of the best things about 5th Avenue is simply walking along the street and taking in the sights.