Discover Scuba Diving On The Island Of jamaica!
VIDEOS: Scuba Diving In Jamaica:
Scuba Diving In Jamaica Overview:
Scuba diving is an exciting and popular activity for those visiting Jamaica. The island nation has many excellent dive sites, including coral reefs, shipwrecks, and underwater caves. In this article, we will explore scuba diving in Jamaica, including information on vendors, costs, and seasonal information.
Jamaica has several scuba diving vendors that cater to divers of all levels. Here are some of the most popular vendors:
1. ScubaCaribe: ScubaCaribe is one of the largest scuba diving operators in Jamaica. They have several locations across the island and offer a wide range of dive trips, including reef dives, wreck dives, and night dives. ScubaCaribe also offers certification courses for beginner and advanced divers.
2. Jamaica Scuba Divers: Jamaica Scuba Divers is a smaller, family-owned operation that specializes in personalized scuba diving experiences. They offer a range of dive trips, including trips to some of the more remote dive sites around the island.
3. Dive Jamaica: Dive Jamaica is another popular scuba diving operator in Jamaica. They offer a variety of dive trips, including reef dives, wreck dives, and cave dives. Dive Jamaica also offers certification courses for beginner and advanced divers.
The cost of scuba diving in Jamaica varies depending on the vendor and the type of dive trip you choose. Here’s a breakdown of the costs for each vendor:
1. ScubaCaribe: Prices for a single dive with ScubaCaribe start at around $75 USD. A two-tank dive typically costs around $120 USD, and a three-tank dive costs around $160 USD. Certification courses start at around $350 USD for a beginner course.
2. Jamaica Scuba Divers: Prices for a single dive with Jamaica Scuba Divers start at around $60 USD. A two-tank dive typically costs around $95 USD, and a three-tank dive costs around $135 USD. Certification courses start at around $350 USD for a beginner course.
3. Dive Jamaica: Prices for a single dive with Dive Jamaica start at around $60 USD. A two-tank dive typically costs around $100 USD, and a three-tank dive costs around $130 USD. Certification courses start at around $350 USD for a beginner course.
It’s important to note that these prices are subject to change, and you should check with each vendor for their most up-to-date pricing.
The best time to scuba dive in Jamaica is from mid-December to mid-April, which is the high season. During this time, the weather is typically dry and sunny, with calm seas and excellent visibility. The water temperature ranges from around 78 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
The low season for scuba diving in Jamaica runs from May to November. During this time, the weather can be more unpredictable, with a higher chance of rain and storms. However, the water temperature remains warm, ranging from around 80 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Visibility can be more limited due to the higher amounts of plankton in the water.
Hurricane season in Jamaica runs from June to November, with the peak season in September and October. During this time, there is a higher risk of severe weather, including hurricanes and tropical storms. If you’re planning to scuba dive in Jamaica during hurricane season, you should monitor the weather closely and be prepared for cancellations or rescheduling.
In conclusion, scuba diving in Jamaica is a fantastic experience that should not be missed by any diving enthusiast. There are several vendors to choose from, each with their unique offerings and pricing. The best time to scuba dive in Jamaica is from mid-December to mid-April, but diving is still possible year-round, with warm water temperatures and plenty of exciting dive