Also know as Chunyaxché, Muyil is located on the north end of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere. Muyil is one of the earlier Mayan settlements. If you are looking for a less crowded ruins than Tulum, check out Muyil.
You should come prepared if you are travel to these ruins. There are no stores except a few local stores nearby. You should bring water, a hat, sunscreen and maybe some bug spray.
Some FAQ’s To Know About The Muyil Ruins.
Free parking – Few to no amenities.
Bathrooms, (men’s & women’s).
Hidden path leads to lagoon.
Open 8 am to 5 pm daily.
Bring your snorkel, towel & tanning lotion.
9 miles south of Tulum.
38 hectares or 93 acres big.
Countless Ceiba trees (Tree Of Life).
El Castillo is the tallest & 57 feet.
Active 300 B.C. through the 16th century.
There is a lookout tower ruin on the lagoon.
Check out these tours & Excursions to the Muyil Mayan Ruins!
These tours and excursions are provided by Viator which is owned by TripAdvisor. Have a look at these vetted fun things to do and pick one for yourself!
- Private Tulum and Muyil Ruins with Cenote Tour
- Description:Optimize your time in a very exclusive and unique private way by visiting Tulum Ruins by the ocean, then the beautiful Muyil Ruins in the jungle on this 8-hour tour. Afterward, visit a fantastic cenote for some swimming or snorkeling in sacred crystal cle
- Price: $799.00
- Muyil Archeological Site Private Tour
- Description:Live a complete Mayan experience and visit the mysterious archaeological site of Muyil. Get in the jungle on a trail through the lagoon of Chunyaxche. Enjoy a ride by boat to the ancient canal and later let yourself relax in the mangrove. Then return to t
- Price: $1260.00
- Sian Ka'An and Muyil Archaeological Site Tour
- Description:This Sian Ka'an and Muyil tour is perfectÂ for those who want a relaxing and inspiring excursion while learning about the ecology of the area and the Mayan civilization in half a day.
- Price: $110.00
- Private Sian Ka'an and Muyil Ruins Tour from Tulum and Playa del Carmen
- Description:This is a unique combination of Culture and Nature in just one package. The trip begins with a visit to a small but very nice ruins called Muyils. Then a boat trip will take you through two fresh water lagoons and you will be relaxing while floating down
- Price: $189.00
- Sian Ka'an Mayan Wetlands and Muyil Ruins Afternoon Tour from Tulum
- Description:Explore the secluded archaeological Mayan ruins of Muyil, take a lagoon boat rideÂ through the tranquil wetlands of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere and float down a crystal clear freshwater canal bordered by lush mangrove. Walk through a nature path and discover
- Price: $115.00
- Sian Kaan Muyil Floating Canals
- Description:In the Mayan language, Sian Kaan means place where the sky is born. It is the second biggest biosphere in Mexico and also a UNESCO heritage site. You will visit the small, off the beaten path, archaeological site of Muyil, a 30-minute walk into pristine n
- Price: $120.00
- Private Luxury Bird Watching Tour for Beginners with Muyil Ruins
- Description:Enjoy an introductory lessonÂ on bird watching, followed by a visit to an ancient Maya archaeological ruin, during this private 6-hour tour from Cancun. Learn the basics of bird watching while keeping your eyes open for buntings, parakeets, cuckoos, and m
- Price: $389.00
- Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve Eco-Adventure Including Muyil Ruins
- Description:Enjoy a day trip to Sian Ka'an Eco Park, 'the place where heaven begins' and be in touch with nature as you also learn about the Mayan culture. Your tour includes snacks, transport and a professional guide.
- Price: $140.00
- Private Tour to Muyil, Tulum, and Coba from Playa del Carmen
- Description: Visit severalÂ of the Mayan culture's most significant archaeological sites on this full-day tour with a small group. Go to the biosphere reserve of Sian Ka'an, aÂ UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site, and soak inÂ the beauty of the Muyil ruins located ther
- Price: $145.00
- Private Tour to Muyil Ruins, Tulum, and Coba from Tulum
- Description: Visit severalÂ of the Mayan culture's most significant archaeological sites on this private, full-day tour. Go to the biosphere reserve of Sian Ka'an, aÂ UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site, and soak inÂ the beauty of the Muyil ruins located there;Â then e
- Price: $145.00
- Private Tour to Muyil Ruins, Tulum and Coba from Cancun
- Description: You will visit three of the most important archaeological sites of the Mayan culture: the Muyil ruins, Tulum and Coba.
- Price: $145.00
- Private tour to Muyil Sian Kaan Biosfhere and Playa del Carmen
- Description: Experience an encounter with nature and Mayan culture, as well as an exciting adventure in the jungle. Visit to the archaeological site Muyil. Muyil was one of the most important Mayan trade centers for the exchange of products between Honduras and Yuc
- Price: $125.00